Re: [IP] Need your help again/THANKS

In a message dated 3/8/2002 3:18:43 AM Pacific Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> simpler because you have to prime the tubing.  Seems that would be no
> different than a new set front to back.
>
>     Marion, when do you sleep?

I am not getting any sleep...that is part of the problem.  Last night I was
ready to call it quits..not really....but quite dismayed.  This business of
not knowing whether a site is working makes me nuts...as long as I can figure
out why and solve the problem, then I am happy.

The site did finally work after manually priming and his b.g. is slightly low
this morning (77).  But heck, til I called MiniMed and wrote to you all and
heard that the "bubble" thing might be plausible, then I was so discouraged
and ready to go to the fridge and get the Ultralente (not really, but you
know what I mean).  I think I need to follow the advice of a list member and
throw out the Ultralente so I am not tempted.

Well, I even resisted correcting with a syringe and just kept working with
the pump.  As of now it has been SEVEN DAYS since Gabe had an injection, even
to correct the highs; we simply worked it through with the pump.  Each time
it was US and not the SITE...so I need to continue to believe that the sites
are durable.

Today our Paradigm should arrive...that is a relief in that it does ALARM
with three units occulded so at a basal of about .7, it would alarm in about
4-5 hours.  It has some special self-priming device (whatever that means) and
supposedly a better seal between the tubing and resevoir to help with the
bubble issue.

In addition, I am thinking of starting off the Paradigm with Novolog if I can
snag some today....I think a fresh start with Novolog and the new pump might
be helpful.  I have no IV3000, but I did order some "overnight" from Minimed.

That's about it for now.....I sure appreciate all your help...honestly, my
first reaction after panic, when the b.g. numbers started to rise, was "WRITE
TO THE LIST."

I hope I am not becoming a nuisance.  When I get on my feet and have Gabe
smoothly  pumping, I hope I will be able to return the help to someone newer
to pumping than us.

Marion and
Gabe