[IP] Re: carbs in bread without eating the crust

<<> My son has started to refuse to eat the crust on his bread.  Aaaagh!  How
> do
> I calculate the carbs he has eaten? >>

Hi Jonelle,
     Do you have a gram scale?  If so, weigh the crusts afterwards.  I was
surprised to find that the amount of crust that Claire leaves could amount to
half the carbs in a slice of bread (the crusts are much denser than the rest
of the slice).  You can slice off the crusts and weigh the bread before
buttering and filling the sandwich, if this is going to be a permanent
notion.  It is with Claire, but she seldom eats bread anymore, since my bread
machine broke.  Got to get it replaced!
Barbara, Mum of Claire 7