Re: [IP] Highs after Site change: 3 Techniques Summary

Not everyone needs to leave a set in place (or plug the
hole)...my daughter is one of them. She rarely goes high
after a site change. The only times we have ever seen highs
afterwards were the very few times we forgot to fill the
cannula once the introducer needle was removed (NOT saying
this is why you all are seeing this, it applies only to my

Seems like there are a few different ways of handling the
phenomenon, just have to do what works best for you.

Take care, Kerri, mom of Shannon-11, dxT1 5.3yrs, pumping
2.3yrs, and 7 other blessings
~*~do-`da-ga-g`hv-i (until we meet again)~*~

Michael said:
Next time you prime before insertion, take a look at what a
amount of liquid is represented by the 5u drop hanging on
the end of
the set. It is very easy for a small amout of body fluid to
the wound and your fingers will NOT do the job. But hey!
it's your
bg's :-)