[IP] Re: dual wave

Donna email @ redacted wrote:
"I used the dual wave today and set it  for 2 hours duration (pizza).
Normally I check bg 2 hours after I start eating.  Because the dual bolus
lasted for 2 hours I was higher than I wanted to be at 2 hours after eating.
So without thinking I bolused to correct this.  Well, you guessed it.  I had
a very fast low about 45 min after this."
Hi Donna,
For Hubby, using the dual wave was sort of  a trial and error thing at
first.  What he's done, is check 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 hours after he uses it for
the first time with a new food.  This way he gets to see how it works.
Usually, he'll first cover carbs with the now part, then cover protein and
fats with the square part of the dual from 3 to 5 hrs depending on the
protein/fat ratio.  But, he's learned if he has a really high fat and/or
high protein meal, he lowers the now and ups the square.  These meals are
rare though, and usually when we're at a dinner party.  We're sure others
out there have more tips/experiences to share.
And, yes, you're so right, "The pump is the best thing I have found since
the home glucose meters".
Marj; Mike (I'm not into computers, but glad to be on this list); and "Ace,
the PP" (portable pancreas)