From: William Eddie Hollyfield [mailto:email @ redacted]
Sent: Wednesday, March 06, 2002 16:09
To: email @ redacted
Subject: [IP] Low BS to Coma and further...

Hey,
There is one study that found shock doses of persons to be treated for
mental illness. This study was published by M. Sakel, entitled "The
Methodical Use of Hypoglycemia in the Treatment of Psychoses" Am. J.
Psychiatry 151:6,June 1994 Sesquicentennial Supplement. They don't give bs
valves just insulin dose( no weights). Sakel(July 1937) defined the insulin
dose to produce a deep coma and areflexia is called the shock dose. To take
the person out was given carbos. It was stated that the BS didn't go below a
certain level indepentent of the amount of insulin given .  No deaths were
mentioned. Some persons came out of coma leaving there mental illness
behind.

I wonder if going to lows might be healthy?
Eddie