Re: [IP] Medic Alert Lettering

----- Original Message -----
From: "Andrew Bender (spot)" <email @ redacted>
To: <email @ redacted>
Sent: Wednesday, March 06, 2002 11:49 AM
Subject: [IP] Medic Alert Lettering

> After about 3 weeks wearing the new bracelet, I can already
>  tell the
>  > letters aren't as "dark" >

   "dear Princess, my stainless steel bracelet has no more Red Enamel"

Ok, I am confused...are we talking about the "engraving" or the red "paint"
in the engraving?

The red wearing off is a common problem with everyone.
Here is an  easy fix if the "RED" is what we are talking about.

Take a cotton swab, put a small amount of red fingernail polish on the swab.
Use the swab to "wipe" the red into the engravings on the medal (or bracelet
etc). Use a second clean swab to clean up the smooth flat areas. The wet
polish will clean right off the flats but remain in the engraving.

Everything will look like new...for 2 or 3 months..then you have to do it

Oh and the acetone in "Unisolve" (or whatever solvent you use for tape or
adhesive remover) IS the same stuff as fingernail polish remover. If you
don't like your shade of "red". You can clean out the engraving using your
regular adhesive remover.-James