RE: [IP] Medic Alert Lettering

I have worn Medic Alert (Turlock, CA) bracelets for more than 25
years. I have always used the stainless steel variety. The first one
only lasted 2 or 3 years because the red material flaked off. On the
second one I applied clear nail polish to the side with the red
material and it lasted for more than 20 years. On both of the first
two bracelets the medical info was engraved on the back.

Less than one month ago I decided that I needed to add "insulin pump"
(I've only been pumping for 6.5 years) and another medical condition,
so I ordered a new stainless steel bracelet. This time I find that the
medical info is not actually engraved. Instead, it appears as black
lettering on the surface. So I invested $ in a new bottle of clear
nail polish and earlier today applied the nail polish to both sides of
the bracelet. I'm not sure what to expect with the nail polished
surface next to my (hairy) wrist. I don't know if Medic Alert is using
the black lettering on all its bracelets, or just stainless steel.

Anyhow, that's an up to date picture of what a brand new Medic Alert
stainless steel bracelet consists of.

Tom Beatson
dx 1942, 506 1995, 508 2000