Re: [IP] Extremely, dry, itchy, irritated skin

I have psoriasis on my hands (since 1990) and sometimes they
crack on the knuckles and other stressed areas if I don't
keep my hands moisturized enough (it is painful and I can't
use my hands).What I do is, at bedtime, I mix some Eucerin
creme (comes in a tub, not a bottle) 1/2 and 1/2 with
hydrocortisone, generously apply to affected area(s), then
cover (either the one area or the whole hand) with a
dressing, bandaid, plastic food handler type gloves, saran
wrap, cotton gloves, or the cheap vinyl or latex dr type
gloves. What I use depends on the numbers and/or size of the
area(s). I can go to bed with huge cracks on my dry knuckles
and wake up with extremely soft skin, and the cracks are
closed. This is just something I came up with over time, and
it works well for me. I try not to let them get that bad but
I wash my hands constantly (lots of kids), etc so the
moisturizers just don't stay on.

Take care, Kerri, mom of Shannon-11, dxT1 5.3yrs, pumping
2.3yrs, and 7 other blessings
~*~do-`da-ga-g`hv-i (until we meet again)~*~