Re: [IP] CGMS Question to those who have used it, or those going to use it

At the end of Sept 2001 our endo offerred to put my daughter
on one (in Oct). We didn't do it, for various reasons (main
one being I was "on call" to go out of town on a moment's
notice for a 3wk period for "some time in Oct" so we
couldn't exactly set up an appt - ended up being gone the
last week of Oct and first half of Nov.) At the time, our
endo was doing theirs through MiniMed and insurance was
billed ~$400 a pop (if I'm remembering correctly - may have
been more but I know it was at least that much). Our endo
and his colleague were in the process of getting approval
for their own CGMS at the time. They've since gotten one but
due to bureaucracy, haven't been approved to use it yet!!!
We'll probably use it at some point in the future.

Take care, Kerri, mom of Shannon-11, dxT1 5.3yrs, pumping
2.3yrs, and 7 other blessings
~*~do-`da-ga-g`hv-i (until we meet again)~*~

Sherry said:
1) I was unaware that there was a 'cost' to using it for a
few days.  But maybe that is because others are testing it
through a doctor's office that owns one?

2) For those who have had to pay, how much did it cost?