[IP] CGMS Question to those who have used it, or those going to use it

At my appointment today with my CDE I brought up the CGMS and asked if they
had access to one.  Apparently the office has had many discussions about it
and had a couple of patients try it.   However, it is apparently very
expensive and the office couldn't afford to purchase one.  So they arranged
for the patients to 'rent' one through Minimed.  I guess that MiniMed came
into the office and convinced them to help them test it out,  they got some
patients involved, and then Minimed proceeded to bill their insurance
companies for it.  Apparently it was pretty expensive and the general
consensus was that the patients could have tested more often to get similar
results without the cost.

1) I was unaware that there was a 'cost' to using it for a few days.  But
maybe that is because others are testing it through a doctor's office that
owns one?

2) For those who have had to pay, how much did it cost?