[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V6 #159

email @ redacted writes:

> I'd sure appreciate any input,
> advice, suggestions, or just personal accounts from others who have been
> through this.

Hi Heather
Please try to relax.  I know it isn't easy but stressing out will only make
matters worse.  Now for some reassurance.  I have been thru 3 pregnancies and
with each one circumstances were quite different but the outcome was the
same......3 very healthy babies.  The first 2 pregnancies I was using Regular
and N.....my control was less than ideal but I did my best.  My A1c's were
nowhere nearly as good as yours and my babies were somewhat large...almost 9
lbs, but perfect nonetheless.  All 3 of them were induced at 38 weeks, lung
development was fine and labor went just fine too..  My last child, a boy
born in 1998, the pregnancy and labor was amazing and I credit the
improvement in my blood sugar control to Humalog.  My blood sugars were much
more stable and at 38 weeks when Iabor was induced he came out weighing just
over 7 lbs.  The week before, they had estimated his weight at 8-9lbs using
ultrasound.  Just goes to show that those things are JUST an estimate.  Even
though I was induced I went through the labor with no drugs.....completely
floored the OB's.  Not sure how that relates to any of your questions....just
wanted to brag  LOL.  Good luck in the days to come and please let us know
how it goes.