Re: [IP] Diabetes related everything (was: hair health)

I totally agree. Doctors seem to forget that not everything is related to the
big D...
I have to remind them to look at the WHOLE pic...not just a small portion. It
is only
then that I get any response back from them. Take for example...acne. I have
asked
the docs several times what I could do for it. The only response was control
your diabetes.
That was the only response I could get, until I found my new doctor. She
actually understood
what I was going through with my emotions concerning the acne, and we are now
treating it
with topical medication. But would the other docs listen or try to understand?
Nooooooo.
The same has been about being excessively sleepy...(I used to have to sleep at
least 10
hours a night and take about a 4 hour nap during the day.) Thank goodness that
is not the
case anymore! ;-)
Anyway, back to my point...don't be afraid to take the doctor to task if you
think he/she
may be neglecting anything health wise...if you can't get an answer the first
time, ask again
at the next visit, then the next...until he/she is so thoroughly tired of
hearing about it that
they investigate it...hehehe
Cherry