[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V6 #159

> Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 14:38:42 -0500
> From: "Kathleen DeFranceschi" <email @ redacted>
> Subject: [IP] Re: Medic Alert bracelets
> > After about 3 weeks wearing the new bracelet, I can already
> tell the
> > letters aren't as "dark" as they were when I got it.  Is it too
> much to
> > expect the engraving to be permanent?
> Barbara-
> I have had the 10K gold filled on for 16 months and it reads as
> clear as the day I got it. My sister is getting me one from
> Laurenshope.com that is silver and looks more like regular
> jewelry-I never heard that silver and diabetes doesn't mix. Why
> is that?
> Kathleen
> MM508 since 1/21/02

 I've worn my Medic Alert bracelet for 16 years and it is as clear as
the day it arrived in the mail! Mine is from the Medic Alert Company.
Since we tend to call all of them Medic Alert even if they are from
other companies, you should probably get one from the real Medic Alert
people. I know mine has lasted for a long time and shows no sign of
going bad in the future.

Karen from North Pole, AK
dx'd 1971
pumping since 1996