Re: [IP] It's been a while...

Congratulations on the baby and the great control you have had with your

I had an amniocentesis with my 2nd child and it went very smoothly.  The only
thing I felt was "a little pressure" although I had a hard time breathing
laying on my back.  I was huge !!!  My diabetes was not in good control (I
had just been diagnosed with Type 1 -   3 months before I got pregnant which
was nearly 19 yrs ago).  My daughter weighed 11 lb 12 oz  when she was born
at 38 weeks.

With my last child, I went into labor at 36 wks.  Even though she was a
"premie", she weighed 10 lb 6 oz.

 (My first  daughter weighed 10 lb 9 oz and it was NOT a
 c-section.... I had not been diagnosed with diabetes yet---- not even

I never saw an endo until about a year or 1 1/2 yrs ago.  I wish my Dr would
have suggested one back then.

Your A1C's are so great.  I wouldn't worry too much about the baby being too

Having had 2 c-sections and 1 vag delivery, I would opt for the c-section,
but that is just my personal preference.  I am sure most people don't feel
that way.

Get some rest and plenty of sleep.  A new baby will change your life forever.
 I have 3 teenagers now and wouldn't trade my kids for the world .