Re: [IP] Sheesh! I seeith no sheath!

> 1. Has anyone else noticed detached sheaths on their infusion sets?

When I was using the Sof-set I rarely/never received a set with a detached
sheath. I'm now using the Quick-Set and I rarely/never see an attached

> 2. What do you do if a detached sheath permits a needle to contact a
>    "foreign" surface? Do you use the set, discard it, or return it?

So far I have not had that issue. I suspect that when it happens I will
discard the set.

> 3. Does anyone else routinely inspect infusion sets before opening
>    the peel-off packages? Do you look for anything besides detached
>    sheaths?

Sure. I look at every set. Mainly checking to see if the adhesive
attachments are flat or damaged.