[IP] hair health

Dr's want to check for thyroid function 1st, as they should, but my
thinning/breaking, straight, fine brown stuff evidently couldn't be
blamed on my thyroid.  My internist sent me to a dermatologist and it
seems good ol' stress could be a factor.  I never would've guessed that,
but best of all, there is a way to combat this besides "just relaxing."
The doc put me on a 1-daily Stresstab + Zinc and 2-daily Biotin (300-325
mg).  It's been about 9 mos. and the breakage has completely stopped.  My
hair feels pretty great.  A few years ago I'd even tried Rogaine.  The
stuff burnt my scalp.  Must add that though I'd asked dr's about my hair
problems since about '83 when my 18 year old was born, the diabetes
issues always took precedence.  It wasn't until the control my MM 508's
given me, that my doc would even look at other things.  Good Luck!