Re: [IP] scar tissue/site prob

I am new to the pump (1 month+) and had been having problems with
absorption.  Type 1 for 38 years.  It was recommended to me to use "virgin"
territory for the infusion sites.  Since I had been using my abdomen for
injections, it was suggested that scar tissue might be under the skin and
not visible.  This IP website has pictures of alternative sites.
It turned out for me that I was not pressing the cap of the quick-set
inserter hard enough.  The first CDE had told me to tap it lightly, which I
thought was part of the release technique.  Not so, the harder press (not
painful) seems to press the cannula deeper.  I am hopeful that my luck has
I hope this helps.
Gail Bell