[IP] Re:The MedicAlert issue

Hello, all -

When I went on the pump last May I finally got a MedicAlert bracelet, with
my major illnesses engraved on it (diabetes, hypertension, etc.)  The rep
at MedicAlert assured me that everyday showering, washing dishes, etc.
would not harm the finish of the bracelet or the engraving.

However, I find that after several months the engraving was all but
unreadable, and in an emergency situation would not be acceptable.  When I
called the company they agreed to send me a replacement (and did), but my
question is now what will prevent the same thing from happening again?
After about 3 weeks wearing the new bracelet, I can already tell the
letters aren't as "dark" as they were when I got it.  Is it too much to
expect the engraving to be permanent?

Any comments would be welcome.