Re: [IP] Re: hypo and driving

In a message dated 3/3/02 3:39:54 PM Central Standard Time, email @ redacted

> Does he have to declare his diabetes on his license?

Not sure about that one.  I live in IL and finally after 18 yrs, I decided to
"tell" that I have diabetes.  I had to get a form from the driver's license
bureau and then have my Dr sign it, saying that I was able to drive.  So, now
I will have to "go through the hassle" of this every 4 years.

Last year, Wal-Mart was giving away "Vials for Life".  It is a labeled, empty
prescription bottle and a medical form to fill out and put in your fridge or
the glove compartment of your car.  They also included a "sticker" to put on
your front door, or on one of the windows in the car.  I thought it was a
good idea.