Re: [IP] Meter Question

email @ redacted writes:

> .  My
> husband is a pharmacist and participated in a "trial" at a pharmacy
> conference
> once.  They stuck his (and others) fingers and tested the same
> "fingerstick"
> on 5 different meters. None of the meters read the same

I was told (by my CDE) not to do this (test multiple from the same finger
stick)and not to squeeze your finger too much because there will be more
interstitial fluid in your sample and so your results will vary.

This may be why when you are testing for blood ketones, you are supposed to
"stick yourself again" rather than using the same finger-stick that you just
checked your bs from.