Re: [IP] Question re site change

Evelyn Lieberman <email @ redacted> wrote:

> Every time you insert a used needle into the cap of a bottle of insulin,
> you have  contaminated the contents of that bottle by subjecting the
> contents to whatever is on that needle.

But if the only thing the needle has touched is the insulin bottle and the
insulin, there's no contamination.  And if the inside of the tube and
reservoir is the only thing the insulin has touched, it has remained in a
sterile environment, and there is no contamination.

But suit yourself.  I'll continue to save the unused insulin in my infusion
sets when I change sites.

Jim Handsfield