Re: [IP] Questions about long-term pump use

>I love the pump but don't want to find out 5-10years down the road >that i
>can't use it anymore.

Good question, and it bring to mind something I have been wondering for the
past few years.  With some medications, the body builds a tolerance for them
and you keep having to take more and more to get the desired/required
affect.  A lot like someone with addictive disease, I suppose.

Could this happen with insulin?  I'll be doing fine on a set dose of insulin
(be it in basal rates or injected dose) and then all of the sudden it seems
that it doesn't work any more.  I increase by a few units, and I'm doing
good again.

I know basal rates can change, but I'm not sure if anyone else has ever
needed to increase like that on a farly regular basis like that.

Anyone else ever had that happen?