Re: [IP] Reservior for Paradigm

>My concern with the new reserviors, is that the reservior is supposed to
>somehow screw onto the insulin vial.  I wanted to know so that I can ask my
>endo for a prescription for vials next time.
I have a Paradigm.  The reservoir is very different from the 507/508 ones.  No more lubricating.
There is a plastic 'connector' with short needles at both ends - one which pierces the reservoir,
and the other which snaps onto the insulin vial and pierces it.  The plunger is already pulled out
so there is already air in the reservoir.  This creates a vacuum, you press the plunger of air
into the vial and then the vial pushes insulin back into the reservoir because of the vacuum.
So there is no need for insulin cartridges - the reservoir is designed to 'snap' onto the insulin

Do You Yahoo!?