Re: [IP] Paradigm Insulin

-----Original Message-----
From: Rowe, Kelly <email @ redacted>
To: 'email @ redacted' <email @ redacted>
Date: Monday, March 04, 2002 6:45 AM
Subject: RE: [IP] Paradigm Insulin

>"The Development of U200 for use with the Paradigm has been stopped so the
>Paradigm is going to use U100."
>Why?  That being the case, it's not such an attractive option for me (type
>1.5).  I use a lot of insulin compared to most people.  That res will only
>last me two days.

Cynical response: because they want to sell more reservoirs?????

One way around it would be for your doc to prescribe U-500 and then dilute
it accordingly. Personally, I wouldn't want to be bothered!

Another way to look at it is that filling the reservoir every 2 days is
STILL less work than it used to be to draw up a shot 4 or 6 times a day!!!!

Curious why you refer to yourself as Type 1.5. Does that mean you're a Type
1 with a lot of insulin resistance? Or a Type 2 with little insulin

We REALLY need better terminology -- diabetes is not NEARLY so cut and dried
as the textbooks make it seem -- which is probably why the docs are so

Natalie ._c- (Avoiding terminology issues by calling herself Type Weird)(And
what do you answer on the IP questionnaire when there is no choice but Type1
and Type 2??  Yes to both?? No to both?? Flip a coin??)