Re: [IP] What was the conclusion? High after site change?

At 10:48 PM 3/3/2002, you wrote:
>Yes, we removed the site so he he could shower without a site.  Why would
>insulin pool at a site?  That doesn't make too much sense to me; if it is
>pooling, then it is not getting in and doing its job.  Is there somewhere
>I can read about "pooling at the site"?

What they ment by "pool at a site" is that when you bolus or even during
your basal increments you will have some pooling of insulin where the
catheter meets the flesh and since insulin is not instantly absorbed you
will have some "pooling" until the body absorbs the insulin.  What can
happen is when you take out a site it opens up a "channel" of least
resistance for the pooled insulin to escape from the body..  Some people
leave in a old site for anywhere between 30 minutes to hours.  Me
personally I do not I have my own method..  This is one thing which trial
and error really plays in a factor for which works best for you.

Brian Carter
ICQ # 27217438
www.DiabetesBytes.com  *New*