Re: [IP] Palm Pilots to assist in Diabetes Management?

On 3 Mar 2002 at 8:05, Connie Miller wrote:

> I was curious if anyone uses a Palm Pilot to help with diabetes management.
> I was thinking it'd be neat to have a Cho list on hand, even indicating fast
> and slow acting chos, as well as an option to touch in how many cho you ate,
> and have it automatically calculate your bolus amount....
> Are there programs out there for this? Which ones do you prefer and why?
> (It's 16 degrees in Dallas, we have snow on the ground and the wind chill is
> only 2) Anyone want to visit? ; )
> Connie Miller
> dd Ariana, age 12 Dx 4/99 pumping 8/01

I've been using the EZManager from Animas and have found the database of dietetic information very useful.  Besides the Carbs, it also accounts for the Protein, Fat and
Fiber, plus the Calories.  It does calculate the bolus using a changeable carbs/insulin ratio.  It does not have GI factors, but if enough people asked for them, it seems that
Animas is adaptive enough that they might add those too!   I like the program so much that I am seriously considering Animas as a replacement pump when mine go out of
warranty later this year.        :>)

(who only see's ice here in Irving and I'd rather visit Aruba right now)