Re: [IP] minimum basal rates - Marion and Gabe

--- Michael <email @ redacted> wrote:
> > Direct from the mouth of MiniMed Clinical Services
> 3/1/2002 at 8:30
> > a.m.: "You must run at least .3 units of basal per
> hour for the pump
> > to function properly."
> >
> > Period....direct from them
> >

> That's baloney! PERIOD.
>
> Many people run 0.1u/hr There are also some that run
> 0.0u/hr for
> extended periods of time. If any pump won't function
> properly when
> set to zero there is something wrong with it. The
> person who provide
> you with that information is misinformed and should
> be re-educated.
>
> Michael
> email @ redacted
> Michael,
 Maybe this is a YMMV situation.  I was also told that
the pump could clog at low basals. When I pulled my
set out last time, the end of the cannula had a plug
of something in it. Nothing was kinked just this hard
little plug I was able to push out into my hand. got
me what it was. ???? i went 4 days instead of the
usual 3. always a big mistake.