Re: [IP] Okay, here is an example

In a message dated 3/2/2002 3:04:00 PM Mountain Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> I have called numbers of time; I do call the doctor on call if I simply
>  figure it out myself.

But why isn't Gabe's doctor or at least his CDE following all this?  One
person that knows Gabe and can follow things from start to finish??? That's
what I don't get . . .

At Katie's pump start, her Endo gave us a set of basals to start with,
spelled out what frequencies she wanted us to test initially (while getting
basals set), specified when and how to do corrections (and when NOT to --
which is important when getting things set), and then had us fax the numbers
daily to her doctor (even to her home on the weekend for the first three or
four days (and often its for the first week, I'm told) and she or Katie's CDE
would call us back and go over the numbers with us and tell us what changes
to make on her basals (if any) each day for the first few days, then it was
every two or three days, then once a week for a couple weeks, then we were on
our own (and it was up to us to fax in numbers if we ran into something where
we wanted some input).

I don't know when I've ever been so frustrated on someone else's behalf,
Marion, but I really think that they have not done right by you and Gabe with
this pump start . . .

Pumpmama to Katie