> Okay; Gabe eats the same breakfast everyday.  He is never 350 after any
> anytime, even high fat/high carb unless he forgets to inject.
> My questions:
> b.g. 87 at 3:30 p.m. (three hours after lunch)
> b.g. 200 at 4:30 p.m.  bolus 1 unit
> b.g. 207 at 5:30 p.m.  do nothing
> b.g. 246 at 6:30 p.m.   That has to mean that b.g. is rising and the
> correction boluses are having NO effect.  Even if the basals are off and
> if it was a high fat/high carb meal (it wasn't), then correction bolus
> have some effect.
> With the above scenario, I gave an injection and b.g. dropped to 167 after
> hour and then back to normal.
> THat means set wasn't working, correct?????
> Marion

No not necessarily. Another possibility is that his afternoon basal is too
low and that even without eating at lunch he would have seen a continually
increasing BG during the afternoon. In that case the 1 unit bolus at 4:30 my
be working fine and is keeping his BG from rising even faster (like it did
between 3:30 and 4:30). You really need to be confident that his basals are
right in order to begin to make other decisions. Of course that confidence
takes a while to develop when you are dealing with uncertainty with sites
and carb ratios and activity and a dozen other things.