[IP] Re: free stuff (was Minimed customer service)

In a message dated 3/1/02 10:58:54 PM, email @ redacted writes:

<< Question: Can you think of another company that has made such a generous
offer?  As I understand it, they are giving free Paradigms to everyone who
purchased a 508 in the last year.  That is pretty amazing.  Chevy, Dell, Sony
and all those other companies whom I have bought products from never made that
offer. >>

... that's because it's obviously not good business for them and they don't
need to do it. Minimed would not be giving away free upgrades if there wasn't
something good in it for them. Just like the free Palm Pilot I got from
Animas, these giveaways are simply good business and PR strategies for some
companies. These companies, while they have many caring employess that
collectively care about our health, are not giving away anything out of the
goodness of their hearts. They are businesses, not nonprofit agencies. Just
my little reality dose for the day.
dxed IDDM 9/92, pumped