Re: [IP] Re: Suspending pump for showering

Debbie <email @ redacted> wrote:

> so are we suposed to suspend when we take a shower???
> or do we just leave it be????

(Sorry - I couldn't resist).

With me it depends on when I'm showering and what infusion set I'm using.  I
found that the Silhouettes would retract far less insulin than the
QuickSets, and I need to prime quite a bit more if I suspend the pump for a
shower when using the latter.  I also have a rather ferocious dawn effect
(my morning basal 2.5 U/hr).   So, in the morning if, for some reason, I
need to be suspended for more than about 20 minutes, it saves me insulin to
suspend.  Less than that, or at other times in the day (after I run, for
example), it's more economical to simply disconnect without suspending.

Jim Handsfield