Re: [IP] Correction Boluses and Passing Out From Lows

We were told to not correct more often than every 2hrs. That
seems to work fine for us. Must be another YMMV thing.
As for the lows, my daughter has had glucagon-requiring
seizures twice (once w/MDI, once w/pump) with bgs in the
50's both times. In her case, they both occurred in the
morning (I do *not* recommend starting out your day this
way!!!) so I think she had been low for a while and just
couldn't recoup from it. She's had bgs much lower than that
without seizing. Thus, it was probably due to *sustained*
lows those two times.

Take care, Kerri, mom of Shannon-11, dxT1 5.3yrs, pumping
2.3yrs, and 7 other blessings

Jenn said:
I was told something similar. No correcting more than every
four hours, unless there's a serious problem like illness,
or something like that.
(some snipped)
I always wondered about why I react so differently during
lows.  Anyone know?