Re: [IP] Question re set change

Evelyn Lieberman <email @ redacted> wrote:

> By refilling your original bottle with insulin that you extracted from
> your tubing, you are polluting all the remaining insulin in the original
> bottle.  Are you sure you want to do that considering that is fed into
> you?

I don't understand why it is polluting as long as one uses sterile technique
when filling the reservoir in the first place.  And if sterility *is*
compromised, the worst thing that happens is that you re-expose yourself to
your own set of bacteria that your body is already living with.  Kind of the
same idea as lancets - as long as the only one they touch is you, there's no
increased risk of reusing them.

Jim Handsfield