Re: [IP] Question re set change

>For those of you who change your set every 48 hours, do you throw away >all
>the unused insulin?  We have the resevoir filled to 200 units per >our
>instructions, but in 48 hours Gabe will probably use about 60 >units.  That
>is a shame to throw all that insulin and the resevoir >away and waste it.
>What is the "official" point of view on this?

I don't know what the "official" view is, but I never throw away the unused
insulin.  (I usually change when I get between 60 and 80 units left.)  I
reuse the insulin that I have left.  Never noticed a problem with doing

I'm sure that insulin manufacturers, MiniMed and the CDE would have cows if
they knew that, but at this stage of the game, I can't afford to waste any
of it.

email @ redacted
AIM:  jspock1
ICQ:  25177424