I know Gabe's ratios well, at least with syringes.  A unit lowers him 120
points in a fasting state, but when b.g.s are over 150, it takes a unit for
50 points.

I did not even attempt to lower the 350 with a bolus; just panicked....I have
not seen a number like that in a couple of years.

Is it safe to bolus 350 and wait?????  I am not sure about that.

Also, his insulin delivered in the butt/hip starts MUCH slower than it does
in the arm; in the arm I inject right before the meal, but with the pump, I
find that he has to bolus at least 15 minutes before the meal to hold down a
spike.  It simply works slower in the hip/butt area.