[IP] Re: Disconnecting WAS Do it to me one more time

Marion wrote that Gabe was to 4) Prime after every disconnect to shower...

Hi Marion,

I use Sils and have a MM508.  I disconnect to shower, but I do not "suspend"
(turn off) my pump while disconnected.  I was taught that leaving the pump
running keeps positive pressure in the system so you won't have to prime
when you reconnect.  It also allows me to be able to figure out how much
insulin I have missed while disconnected and bolus that amount when I
reconnect if I think it is necessary.

Just another way of doing things...and, of course YMMV.

I'll be saying the Prayer for Site Longevity in Gabe's honor many times

Shelly Fast
dx 1981, pumping since 2/00