Re: [IP] Question re set change

In a message dated 3/2/2002 7:32:04 AM Mountain Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Only fill what Gabe needs for two days.  I use about 25 units a day, so I
>  fill about 100 units for three days.  That covers my basals and boluses
>  three days, plus the insulin I need to prime.

I guess I'm the only one around here doesn't mind "wasting" insulin, but as a
parent who grew up in earthquake country and certainly after Sept. 11th, I
personally never want my daughter walking around with less than at least a
full day's worth of insulin in her pump.  I'd rather "waste" that insulin
than take the chances of her being delayed getting home, being held at school
or some place else because of some natural or man-made disaster etc. (through
she does have insulin and pump supplies at school).  I'll happily admit to my
paranoid tendencies and compulsive disaster preparedness, but for me, if part
of keeping my child safe includes wasting some insulin it doesn't bother me a
bit . . .

Pumpmama to Katie