Re: [IP] Bent Needles Help!

--- email @ redacted wrote:
>   Hi
>  I,m having alot of problens with  bent canulas...The six mm and the
> 9mm both
> bend,,for three days now ive been battling this and running high,,I
> never
> know if the next is going to bend inside or not...

Have you ever tried Disetronic's Rapid infusion sets?  They are
standard luer lock sets and have a fixed needle that looks a little
like a thumb tack.  Inserting is easy--put the needle over the site and
push it in.  No cannula, so you know the insulin is going in.  I use a
variety of sets for different things, depending on what is planned for
the next few days.  When my daughter started pumping her doc and CDE
insisted on a NEEDLE instead of a cannula and were ready to start her
on bent needles, but I suggested the Rapid and she loved it.  It gave
her a chance to concentrate on other things than whether the cannula is
bent!  The only time it hurts is if it is left it in too long 8-)

Do You Yahoo!?