Re: [IP] Re:

----- Original Message -----
From: "jspock @shore.net" <email @ redacted>
To: <email @ redacted>
Sent: Friday, March 01, 2002 1:28 PM
Subject: [IP] Re:

> >You should have been wearing ID to tell the paramedics they were >dealing
> >with a diabetic.  That's for your protection.
> ID's don't help when they don't look for them.  In all the years I had
> problems with MAJOR lows in the middle of the night, I was never once
> if I had a bracelet, and no one ever looked.
Yeaperrrrr!  I have had DM for 25+ yrs. I have been found unconscious
several times over the years....and no one (paramedic or cop) has ever paid
the slightest attention to the necklace or the wallet card.
It's a cold cruel world and you can't count on the medic alert
symbols.....maybe if they were blinking LEDS?-James