[IP] reconditioned pump or repair existing one? How to decide...

Hello Everyone,  I've been happily pumping now for over 2 years with
very few problems but recently have been having an unusual problem with
my MM 507C giving off random and apparently unnecessary A35 Alarms.
They've been waking me up in the night 4-5 times sometimes.   Blood
sugars remain stable so the pump is working.
The company gave me 2 options.
1)  They will give me a replacement pump while they try to determine how
to fix the problem and then return my pump to me or
2)  they will give me a 508 model that has been reconditioned and I can
keep it permanently.
Has anyone chosen option 2?  My pump is still under warranty till Sept
next year.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks so much.  You pumpers are the best!