[IP] Gabe's pumping problems

Dear Marion,

I've been reading about your problems with the pump
and admire your amazing dedication to Gave and his
diabetes.  I have read all the advice given to you and
I'm not sure I've heard anyone suggest trying the
needle sets.  I used MiniMeds bent needle set for 2
years and I'm extremely active (play ICA water polo,
swim, college student etc...).  With this set it can't
kink because the needle stays in and unlike the other
sets it's natural position (w/o tape) is to stay in
the body (it doesn't tend to fall out without tape).
I can't remember if you are using MM, but perhaps
whichever pump you are using you could try their
needle sets.  It's not quite as comfortable at times,
but I liked it's reliablity and it's easy to insert.
Feel free to email me personally with
questions/comments about this if you're interested. I
even have extra I can send if you wish.   I will be
gone for 4 days so if you do respond it may take me a
few days to get back to you. Good luck!

dx age 10 (11 yrs ago)
MM pump 2.5 years

Do You Yahoo!?