[IP] Hypo while driving

    I had a bad hypo about 7 months ago. It was one of my first solo trips out of the house without the baby. I was actually excited to be going to the grocery store. I do feeling low at the store ( I think I ate some fruit off the salad bar without paying. I hope no one saw that). But I kept thinking, I've been gone too long, I need to get home.  I have to GO! And I never tested.  It was late June or early July and I was in an older car with no air conditioning which I had stupidly left the windows rolled up on.  I was only a mile from home when I just suddenly remember getting very sleepy and I drifted off the road, jumped a small concrete curb and hit a telephone pole. I wasn't hurt except some bruises, but the car was a goner.  It was a 85 or 86 an aunt had given me as a gift and it had a broken axle, a completely crumpled front end, one wheel was broken
off, and all kinds of other damage.
I felt incredibly stupid and guilty.
I admit I don't always test every time I get in the car, but I am much more careful about knowing how I feel and not denying it.

Sherry C