email @ redacted wrote:

>Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama doesn't pay for test strips at all.

Get this.  I live in California, have BC/BS of Alabama and get all of my
supplies from Miami Florida.

I have a PPO plan so a 3 month supply is covered with a co-pay.  Since I met
the out of pocket last year with the purchase of the pump all of my supplies
were covered at 100% so I don't know what the co-pay will be. I get 800 test
strips but last order the supplier said I should get 1000.  I have never had
to send a prescription from my Dr. for strips or supplies, just the pump.
>From the stories related here I consider myself VERY lucky.  I am sure it
has to do with the plan you have.  I am told that the HMO plans can be
difficult to deal with.