[IP] Error Messages was Disetronic H-Tron plus or any other D pumps

Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2001 16:08:11 -0500
From: <email @ redacted>
Subject: [IP] Disetronic H-Tron plus or any other D pumps

>Hello Everyone!

>I was wondering, since I have a
>D. pump, if those of you who have D pumps would mind answering some

>#1 Do you Like your pump?

For this D user, pumping is the closest thing to not being diabetic.  I have
added energy to accomplish what I used to put off.  And I could be totally
wrong, or delusional, or whatever, but  with my diabetes "under control" for
the first time I think I'll die from something other than diabetes.

> and #2 Does your low cartridge warning alarm ever
>I get an error 10 (low cartridge)  followed immediately by an error
>cartridge) so this feature does not help me at all. If it works for you
all, I
>am doing something wrong?

Error 10 signifies 295 units have been metered out.  Alarm 1 sounds 20 units
later and stops the pump.  But the most significant empty cartridge alarm is
error 4 "occlusion".  At that point it's really empty.  Until then the pump
will keep pumping (even after error 1), provided the electronics are reset.

>Secondly to all pumpers, do you wait until your cartridge is totally empty
>before you change it or do you just change it as soon as you see it is

I use the old cartridge until the error message for occlusion.  Anticipating
that I sometimes carry a fresh cartridge.  I only carry multiple fresh
cartridges when I'm traveling.