RE: [IP] High blood sugars after site changes

Doesn't make much sense I know, but I too always have a pool of insulin when
I remove my site. Because I have so  much insulin back out of an old site I
always have to "prime" my new site after insertion 2.0 units. I use the
Disetronic rapids with my MM pump, and according to the directions your not
suppose to have to prime after insertion, but I always do.  If you are
experiencing a high after a site change I would increase the prime after
insertion by .1 units until you find a comfortable amount that replaces the
insulin lost when the old site is removed.  (Even if I leave a site in, no
insulin at all, I still have back-out insulin)

I don't understand how there can be a pool of insulin under the skin where
the old set is removed. I only get 0.1 unit every 20 minutes for my basal
and I do the set change in the morning at a time when I haven't bolused for
several hours, usually since the night before. I can see this might make
sense if you have bolused a large amount of insulin recently.

Shop online without a credit card
RocketCash, a NetZero subsidiary