Re: [IP] Blisters!! ACK!

email @ redacted wrote:
> I am a brand new pumper.  I am very much aware that the tape can be
> irritating.  All day yesterday, my site has been itchy at the edges of the
> tape.  I tried to ignore it so my body can get used to it.  Today, the
> cannula got dislodged so I was changing the site.  As I was pulling the tape
> off, there are two blisters from the tape!  I wonder if I am allergic to the
> tape or what?  Did anyone experience this??  I already put the antibiotic
> ointment on the blisters to prevent any infections.  Oy!!  These blisters are
> still itchy.  How do I prevent from getting any more blisters?

Sure sounds like allergy to  me!!!!

What kind of sets are you using? There are many different kinds of tape
out there and if you're allergic to one, you might NOT be allergic to

What finally worked for me was to switch from SofSets to Sils -- the
paper tape they make the sets out of is the only thing I've been able to
find that I'm not allergic to.

Good luck!
 Type Weird, pumping!
 mailto:email @ redacted