[IP] Re: What do you do with a low?

> Now I usually have him carry some of the
> individual packets of regular sugar OR one of the
glucose gels.  The small
> glucose gel tube has 24 carbs though and that is
too much for a mild low

This is on of the, many, great things about a pump.
It can be used to balance out the grams.  If 8 grams
are needed and the snack has 24, just bolus for 16.
As I had mentioned in a prior post by using this
method I can 'normally' avoid the roller coaster and
bounce back.  On a low I will try to bring myself up
to th 150 to 180 range, and then check later.

email @ redacted
One of the great things about books is sometimes
there are some fantastic pictures.
 - George W. Bush