Re: [IP] Just for fun..want to wager how long insurance takes?

I have an HMO in Massachusetts (Blue Cross) and I had my pump within 2 days.
Covered at 80%.  Not too bad considering the bad things you hear about HMOs.
I also have great coverage on supplies.  I order 90 day supplies for only
$15 co-pay.  This leaves the HMO to pay a large amount (with Humalog and
test strips) of the balance!  Good luck....once Minimed has the info I only
had to get my endo to write a letter and then woola the pump was here the
next day!

Brian - pumper since Jan 2001