[IP] Question

I have a grandson 5 1/2  and I took him out to lunch  he ate good  and
he had some  ice-cream. I checked his bg three hours later it was 121 is
this high for a child? I don't know about children bg. I got Free Style
tester and he didn't feel it. Before he refused to let me test finger.
The FreeStyle uses a small amount of blood on top of arm.
He is under weight child and prefers to drink than eat.  He has high
energy most of the time, but does like sweets and gets hyper and
attitude changes.
I have diabetes 11 ,but their is diabetes one in family. Dads side.
Any advise would be appreciated,  Should he be checked by doctor.