[IP] Re disabled and not covered for insulin sup.

My cousin and I are type 1 one diabetics.I have been a diabetic for 50
years.My cousin has been a type 1 for about 35 years. she is 55 and I am 54.
NOW the proble m, she had worked for many years and is now on oxford medicare
listed as disabled in the state of New York. She has been told that she is
only covered for test strips, NOT syringes, meters or her insulin. This
sounds ridiculous. I am working have health insurance and have been told that
because my insurance is issued in N.Y. the laws of N.Y.require the insurance
companies to cover all of my supplies. My cousin on the other hand who is not
working and can not afford the expense of the medications is not covered
because she is under a federally disabillity covered insurance. WHY? does any
one have suggestions that she can do to help.